Alberta Beekeeper Stock Replacement
Applications will be accepted until the October 16, 2020 deadline
The purpose of the Alberta Beekeeper Stock Replacement Program is to provide support to Alberta beekeepers to help address the impact of COVID-19 on their beekeeping operations. The program will provide a grant to eligible applicants to assist with the costs for having to purchase replacement stock from Domestic sources as a result of COVID-19.
Am I eligible for this program?
The following entities are eligible to apply under this program:
Individuals, corporations, registered partnerships and other organizations, including Hutterite colonies, members of Indian Bands and members of Metis Settlements that:
· are a Registered Commercial Beekeeper, defined as an active commercial beekeeper responsible for the day-to-day management and work of a bee operation located primarily in Alberta, that had at least 100 Colonies in 2019 and has at least 100 Colonies in 2020, registered under the Bee Act for which valid certifications have been issued by AF;
· have a permit for Interprovincial Movement of Bees in place prior to importing bees from outside Alberta; and
· have a valid Premise ID Number.
Eligible expenses include:
· the purchase of Domestic Nucleus Colonies; and/or
· the purchase of Domestic Single Brood Chamber Colonies; and/or
· the purchase of Domestic Double Brood Chamber Colonies.
Expenses must be incurred during the Program Term: April 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020.
This program provides funding support at 30% on a reimbursement basis to cover Eligible Expenses for approved Applicants to a maximum grant of $20,000.00 per Applicant.
See Program Terms and Conditions for more information.
How do I apply for this program?
Determine whether you are eligible, and confirm that your expenses are eligible. Refer to the Terms and Conditions.
Complete the application form and submit your application and supporting documents by October 16, 2020 to:
Application submissions MUST include:
a completed Application signed by an authorized representative of the Applicant;
· a copy of Permit for Interprovincial Movement of Bees (if applicable); and
· copy of invoice(s) of purchased Colonies
There is limited funding in the Program. Completed applications will be considered for approval on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to Program funding constraints.
For more information
Phone: 310-FARM (3276)