Terms & Conditions -*revised
The purpose of this program is to increase water savings and reduce energy use in irrigated agriculture by assisting producers with the purchase of more efficient irrigation equipment and systems.
This program assists producers with eligible costs incurred for the purchase and installation of a new low-pressure centre (LPCP) pivot irrigation system, a drip irrigation system or an upgrade of an existing irrigation system.
Eligible activities include:
Applicants are only eligible to receive one payment per parcel of land under the program. For each parcel, applicants are eligible to receive either:
· 40% of the eligible costs, up to a maximum of $5,000, for:
o equipment upgrades on the parcel; or
o an upgrade on the parcel from an existing irrigation system to a surface drip irrigation system;
· $15,000 of the eligible costs for an upgrade on the parcel from a gravity, side-wheel or high-pressure centre pivot irrigation system to a new LPCP system or a subsurface drip irrigation system.
Eligible equipment upgrades include:
· new low-pressure centre pivot to replace a gravity, side-wheel or high-pressure centre pivot,
· retrofit of a high-pressure centre pivot to a low-pressure centre pivot, including booster pumps, nozzle packages and pump modifications,
· high-efficiency sprinkler nozzles and related equipment to upgrade an existing low-pressure centre pivot,
· variable-rate irrigation equipment (controllers and software),
· control panel upgrades, including base stations for telemetry,
· surface or subsurface drip irrigation to replace gravity, side-wheel or high pressure centre pivot.
Am I eligible for this program?
To be eligible to apply to the program, an applicant must:
· operate as a producer in Alberta
· own an irrigated agricultural operation in Alberta
· have a Long-Term Irrigation Management Plan; and
· not have been previously been approved for payment from the program for the parcel described in the application.
How do I apply for this program?
· determine whether you are eligible. Refer to the Terms and Conditions *Please note, program Terms and Conditions have recently changed.
· confirm that the proposed activities are eligible. Eligible activities are listed in the Terms and Conditions.
· complete the application form and send your application and supporting documents by email, mail or fax to:
Canadian Agricultural Partnership, Irrigation Efficiency Program
Alberta Agriculture and Forestry
100, 5401 – 1 Avenue South, Lethbridge, AB
Fax number 403-381-5765
Application submissions MUST INCLUDE:
· a completed Long-Term Irrigation Management Plan ((link to LTIMP))
· a completed application form that is signed by the Applicant ((link to application))
· invoices/receipts for all eligible costs claimed ((link to Terms and Conditions))
· proof of payment by the applicant of at least 10 percent of the total eligible costs and
· any supplementary documentation requested by Alberta Agriculture and Forestry
For more information
Phone: 310-FARM (3276)