Value-Added Products to Markets
The purpose of the Canadian Agricultural Partnership Value-Added Products to Markets Program is to support growth of Alberta’s value-added Food Processors and Bio-Industrial Processors. The Program targets Projects that enable growth of their businesses through increased sales related to the development of New Products, adoption of state-of-the-art processes, commercialization of products in New Markets, and expansion of their business in local, domestic and international markets.
Eligible activities include:
· Processing Capacity Expansion
· Product and Process Development
· Label and Package Development
· Market Development
· Export Preparation and Planning
· Product Demonstration
Am I eligible for this program?
Eligible Applicants are as follows:
· Bio-Industrial Processors
· Food Processors
Please refer to the Program Terms and Conditions for the definition of each Eligible Applicant.
How do I apply for this program?
There will be 1 to 3 submission deadlines per year for this program.
The first application submission deadline is August 22, 2018. Completed Applications must be received by 11:59 pm on this day in order to be considered for funding and assessed. **Please check this website regularly for submission deadline updates**
All applicants should be notified of the status of their application within four to six weeks of the application submission deadline.
Completed SIGNED Applications and all required documentation can be:
Emailed to: AF.AG-GRANTS@GOV.AB.CA
Canadian Agricultural Partnership Grants
Food and Value Added Processing Division
6547 Sparrow Drive, Leduc AB T9E 7C7
Here are some suggestions that may help you complete your application:
· Read and understand all of the information in the Program Terms and Conditions
· Ensure you meet eligibility criteria
· Ensure you are applying for eligible activities and eligible expenses by reading the Funding List
· Know the results you want to achieve and clearly explain how they fit with the Program Assessment Criteria found in Terms and Conditions 4.1
· Provide all required documentation (quotations, confirmation of financing for project, letters of support from buyers, listings, marketing plan, business plan etc.), to assess the eligibility and merit of your project
· Submit your completed SIGNED Application Form, along with all required documentation by the intake deadline
Failure to submit a completed Application with all supporting documentation may result in a delay in being reviewed. Incomplete Applications will not be processed.
For more information
Phone: 310-FARM (3276)