The purpose of the Value-added Program is to support growth of Alberta’s value-added food processors and bio-industrial processors. The Value-added Program helps to advance economic recovery within Alberta through investment in projects that increase company sales, expand market opportunities and create jobs in Alberta.
Intake Period: June 17 to July 12, 2021
On this page:
The Value-added Program is focused on the growth of Alberta’s value-added food and bio-industrial processors by supporting projects that:
· Create jobs in Alberta;
· Support growth of the business by increasing sales;
· Support investment (project investment relative to grant request);
· Pursue new markets or expand market opportunities (including removal of barriers to growth and market entry); and
· Develop new products and/or processes and introduce new products to market.
· Eligible capital expenses will be cost shared at 25% grant and 75% applicant.
· Eligible non-capital expenses will be cost shared at 50% grant and 50% applicant.
· Eligible non-capital expenses are capped at a maximum of $50,000.
· The maximum total grant funding an applicant can receive from the Program is $250,000 per fiscal year.
Please refer to the Funding List for details on capital and non-capital funding maximums.
Food processors and bio-industrial processors with a minimum of $100,000 in global gross annual sales are eligible to apply to the program.
Activities that may be included under the Program are stated in the Funding List in support of the following:
· Processing capacity expansion;
· Food safety improvement;
· New product and process development; and
· Market development and access
All activities and expenses must meet the requirements as stated in the Program Terms and Conditions s.3.0 [link]. Please note that purchases made before January 1, 2021 are not eligible for reimbursement under the Program.
How to Apply
Step 1: Determine whether you are eligible by reviewing the Value-added Program Terms and Conditions. Confirm that the proposed activities are eligible. Eligible activities are listed in the Funding List. Complete all sections of the application form. For assistance with working on the Value-added application form follow this link.
Step 2: Complete and sign the Application Form. Please read ‘Part F: Certification’ carefully before you sign, and note that only original signatures will be accepted (electronic or digital signatures are not acceptable).
Step 3:Submit the Application Form and supporting documentation by Email to: AF.AG-GRANTS@GOV.AB.CA
After I Apply
Once you have submitted your application and documentation, you may be contacted for additional information.
This is a merit-based program. Applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis according to the Eligibility criteria as outlined in Section 3.0 and the Program Assessment Criteria stated in Section 4.1 of the Program Terms and Conditions.
Projects will be assessed according to funding constraints.
Total processing time objective is 23 weeks from the program closing date, to receive notification of decision on project support.
Phone: 310-FARM (3276)