Agriculture and Food Sustainability Assurance Initiatives
PLEASE NOTE: If including contractor services as part of your application, please include at least one quote (2 or more quotes are strongly recommended) with your application that shows the breakdown of activities to be completed and associated costs for the activities.
Applicant Information Form
Program Application Questions
Project Budget and Appendices
The Agriculture and Food Sustainability Assurance Initiatives Program will support industry associations and industry-led non-profit assurance initiatives to develop and enhance sustainability certification or assurance systems to demonstrate to the public the quality, safety and sustainability of products produced by producers and food companies.
Am I eligible for this program?
Eligible applicants include:
· an industry-led non-profit assurance initiative;
· an agricultural group registered under the Societies Act, such as an applied research/forage association;
· a commodity group; or
· an incorporated not-for-profit organization.
Eligible activities include:
One or more of the following activities related to the development and/or enhancement of sustainability certification or assurance systems are eligible for funding and may be included in an Application:
· benchmarking studies including life cycle analyses, environmental foot-printing and gap analyses;
· short-term funding for operating costs related to pilot studies, audits;
· development of governance;
· administrative support directly associated with the Project;
· promotion of label and certification standard associated with the sustainability assurance initiative;
· support for industry organizations to develop sustainability assurance programs; and
· support communication efforts regarding consumer perceptions, verification standards, BMPs and performance metrics.
How do I apply for this program?
Submission deadlines will be in April and November of each year, with the exact date to be confirmed below.
· The next application submission deadline is TBD
**Please check this website regularly for submission deadline updates**
All applicants should be notified of the status of their application within six to eight weeks of the application submission deadline.
Applications must be submitted electronically to email@example.com or by mail to:
Agriculture and Food Sustainability Assurance Initiatives Program
302, 7000-113th St NW
Application submissions MUST INCLUDE:
· The completed Program Application Questions
· A completed Appendices, which includes the Budget Template
· A completed Applicant Information Form
· Any other supporting documentation
If you have questions about the application process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 310-FARM (3276).
Public Trust Program Guiding Principles:
· Alberta’s agriculture and agri-food industries are committed to producing products that are environmentally, economically and socially sustainable.
· Alberta’s agriculture and agri-food industries are committed to producing safe, nutritious food.
· The diversity of Alberta’s agriculture and agri-food industries is respected, as all members have a role in the sustainable production of products for Albertans, Canadians and the world.
· Alberta’s agriculture and agri-food industries strive to be sustainable and efficient in the face of emerging challenges.
· Alberta’s agriculture and agri-food industries are diversifying Alberta’s economy through innovation, leading-edge research and investment in new technologies.
· Alberta’s diverse agriculture and agri-food industries offer challenging and rewarding career options.
For more information
You may also be interested in …