Agriculture and Food Sustainability Assurance Initiatives
This program is currently not accepting applications. Program Terms and Conditions are being reviewed and updated. Upcoming changes will ensure that cost shares are more balanced, programs are industry-driven, and Alberta’s investment in the Canadian Agricultural Partnership is maximized.
Programs are targeted to re-open by the end of the summer, if they are not already fully allocated.
Please subscribe to receive program announcements. https://cap.alberta.ca/CAP/Subscribe
Applications previously submitted will not have to be resubmitted, but will have to comply with the new terms and conditions.
PLEASE NOTE: If including contractor services as part of your application, please include at least one quote (2 or more quotes are strongly recommended) with your application that shows the breakdown of activities to be completed and associated costs for the activities.
The Agriculture and Food Sustainability Assurance Initiatives Program will support industry associations and industry-led non-profit assurance initiatives to develop and enhance sustainability certification or assurance systems to demonstrate to the public the quality, safety and sustainability of products produced by producers and food companies.
Am I eligible for this program?
Eligible applicants include:
· an industry-led non-profit assurance initiative;
· an agricultural group registered under the Societies Act, such as an applied research/forage association;
· a commodity group; or
· an incorporated not-for-profit organization.
Eligible activities include:
One or more of the following activities related to the development and/or enhancement of sustainability certification or assurance systems are eligible for funding and may be included in an Application:
· benchmarking studies including life cycle analyses, environmental foot-printing and gap analyses;
· short-term funding for operating costs related to pilot studies, audits;
· development of governance;
· administrative support directly associated with the Project;
· promotion of label and certification standard associated with the sustainability assurance initiative;
· support for industry organizations to develop sustainability assurance programs; and
· support communication efforts regarding consumer perceptions, verification standards, BMPs and performance metrics.
How do I apply for this program?
*If you intend to submit an application for this deadline, please contact the program coordinator prior to submission.
The submission schedule for the 2019-20 fiscal year is as follows:
· November 1, 2019
These dates are subject to change. Please monitor this website if you intend to submit an application in the future.
All applicants should be notified of the status of their application within six to eight weeks of the application submission deadline.
Applications must be submitted electronically to email@example.com or by mail to:
Agriculture and Food Sustainability Assurance Initiatives Program
302, 7000-113th St NW
Application submissions MUST INCLUDE:
· The completed Program Application Questions
· A completed Appendices, which includes the Budget Template
· A completed Applicant Information Form
· Any other supporting documentation
If you have questions about the application process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 310-FARM (3276).
For more information
You may also be interested in …