Agriculture and Food Sustainability Assurance Initiatives
Please contact Diana Bingham at CAP.PublicTrust@gov.ab.ca or 780-427-3980, in order to discuss your project and receive the Program Application form.
The Agriculture and Food Sustainability Assurance Initiatives Program will support industry associations and industry-led non-profit assurance initiatives to develop and enhance sustainability certification or assurance systems to demonstrate to the public the quality, safety and sustainability of products produced by producers and food companies.
Am I eligible for this program?
Eligible applicants include:
· an industry-led non-profit assurance initiative;
· an agricultural group registered under the Societies Act, such as an applied research/forage association;
· a commodity group;
· an incorporated not-for-profit organization; or
· a post-secondary institution.
Eligible activities include:
One or more of the following activities related to the development and/or enhancement of sustainability certification or assurance systems are eligible for funding and may be included in an Application:
· benchmarking studies including life cycle analyses, environmental foot-printing and gap analyses;
· short-term funding for operating costs related to pilot studies, audits;
· development of governance;
· administrative support directly associated with the Project;
· promotion of label and certification standard associated with the sustainability assurance initiative;
· support for industry organizations to develop sustainability assurance programs; and
· support communication efforts regarding consumer perceptions, verification standards, BMPs and performance metrics.
Project details can be found in the Program Summary and Application Questions, with further details in the Program Funding List and the Program Terms and Conditions.
PLEASE NOTE: If including contractor services as part of your application, please include at least one quote (2 or more quotes are strongly recommended) with your application that shows the breakdown of activities to be completed and associated costs for the activities.
How do I apply for this program?
You may now submit an application at any time for this program. Please contact the program coordinator for further details and to receive the Program Application form.
Applications must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Agriculture and Food Sustainability Assurance Initiatives Program
302, 7000-113th St NW
Application submissions MUST INCLUDE:
· The completed Program Application Questions
· A completed Appendices, which includes the Budget Template
· A completed Applicant Information Form
· Any other supporting documentation
If you have questions about the application process, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 310-FARM (3276).
For more information
You may also be interested in …