Public Agriculture Literacy
PLEASE NOTE: If including contractor services as part of your application, please include at least one quote (2 or more quotes are strongly recommended) with your application that shows the breakdown of activities to be completed and associated costs for the activities.
Applicant Information Form
This program supports initiatives that build industry communication capacity to increase public and consumers’ awareness and understanding of agriculture and the food production system.
Eligible activities include:
One or more of the following activities related to public agriculture literacy is eligible for funding and may be included in an Application:
· planning, organizing and hosting agriculture literacy awareness summits, workshops and conferences;
· recruitment and training of agriculture industry spokesperson;
· development of resources such as videos, website, educational materials, displays, publication and other awareness and educational resources;
· development and implementation of strategic communication campaigns; and
· benchmarking studies or needs assessments.
Am I eligible for this program?
Eligible applicants include:
· An agricultural group registered under the Societies Act, such as an applied research/forage association
· A commodity group
· An incorporated not-for-profit organization*, or
· A recognized (as determined by the Minister) form of rural municipal government in Alberta, including a Municipal District (including a County and Hamlet), a Special Area, a Specialized Municipality or an Improvement District.*
*Please note that any non-agriculture industry groups require collaboration with and support from the agriculture industry.
How do I apply for this program?
Submission deadlines will be in April and November of each year, with the exact date to be confirmed below.
· The next application submission deadline is TBD
**Please check this website regularly for submission deadline updates**
All applicants should be notified of the status of their application within six to eight weeks of the application submission deadline.
Applications must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Public Agriculture Literacy Program
302, 7000-113th St NW
Edmonton, AB T6H 5T6
Application submissions MUST INCLUDE
· The completed Application Questions
· A completed Appendices, which includes the Budget Template
· A completed Applicant Information Form
· Any other supporting documentation
If you have questions about the application process, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 310-FARM (3276).
Public Trust Program Guiding Principles
· Alberta’s agriculture and agri-food industries are committed to producing products that are environmentally, economically and socially sustainable.
· Alberta’s agriculture and agri-food industries are committed to producing safe, nutritious food.
· The diversity of Alberta’s agriculture and agri-food industries is respected, as all members have a role in the sustainable production of products for Albertans, Canadians and the world.
· Alberta’s agriculture and agri-food industries strive to be sustainable and efficient in the face of emerging challenges.
· Alberta’s agriculture and agri-food industries are diversifying Alberta’s economy through innovation, leading-edge research and investment in new technologies.
· Alberta’s diverse agriculture and agri-food industries offer challenging and rewarding career options.
For more information
You may also be interested in …