Public Agriculture Literacy
This program is currently not accepting applications. Program Terms and Conditions are being reviewed and updated. Upcoming changes will ensure that cost shares are more balanced, programs are industry-driven, and Alberta’s investment in the Canadian Agricultural Partnership is maximized.
Programs are targeted to re-open by the end of the summer, if they are not already fully allocated.
Please subscribe to receive program announcements. https://cap.alberta.ca/CAP/Subscribe
Applications previously submitted will not have to be resubmitted, but will have to comply with the new terms and conditions.
PLEASE NOTE: If including contractor services as part of your application, please include at least one quote (2 or more quotes are strongly recommended) with your application that shows the breakdown of activities to be completed and associated costs for the activities.
This program supports initiatives that build industry communication capacity to increase public and consumers’ awareness and understanding of agriculture and the food production system.
Eligible activities include:
One or more of the following activities related to public agriculture literacy is eligible for funding and may be included in an Application:
· planning, organizing and hosting agriculture literacy awareness summits, workshops and conferences;
· recruitment and training of agriculture industry spokesperson;
· development of resources such as videos, website, educational materials, displays, publication and other awareness and educational resources;
· development and implementation of strategic communication campaigns; and
· benchmarking studies or needs assessments.
Am I eligible for this program?
Eligible applicants include:
· An agricultural group registered under the Societies Act, such as an applied research/forage association
· A commodity group
· An incorporated not-for-profit organization*, or
· A recognized (as determined by the Minister) form of rural municipal government in Alberta, including a Municipal District (including a County and Hamlet), a Special Area, a Specialized Municipality or an Improvement District.*
*Please note that any non-agriculture industry groups require collaboration with and support from the agriculture industry.
How do I apply for this program?
*If you intend to submit an application for this deadline, please contact the program coordinator prior to submission.
The submission schedule for the 2019-20 fiscal year is as follows:
· November 1, 2019
These dates are subject to change. Please monitor this website if you intend to submit an application in the future.
All applicants should be notified of the status of their application within six to eight weeks of the application submission deadline.
Applications must be submitted electronically to email@example.com or by mail to:
Public Agriculture Literacy Program
302, 7000-113th St NW
Edmonton, AB T6H 5T6
Application submissions MUST INCLUDE
· The completed Application Questions
· A completed Appendices, which includes the Budget Template
· A completed Applicant Information Form
· Any other supporting documentation
If you have questions about the application process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 310-FARM (3276).
For more information
You may also be interested in …