Public Agriculture Literacy
This program supports initiatives that build industry communication capacity to increase public and consumers’ awareness and understanding of agriculture and the food production system.
Eligible activities include:
One or more of the following activities related to public agriculture literacy is eligible for funding and may be included in an Application:
· planning, organizing and hosting agriculture literacy awareness summits, workshops and conferences;
· recruitment and training of agriculture industry spokesperson;
· development of resources such as videos, website, educational materials, displays, publication and other awareness and educational resources;
· development and implementation of strategic communication campaigns; and
· benchmarking studies or needs assessments.
Am I eligible for this program?
Eligible applicants include:
· An agricultural group registered under the Societies Act, such as an applied research/forage association
· A commodity group
· An incorporated not-for-profit organization*, or
· A recognized (as determined by the Minister) form of rural municipal government in Alberta, including a Municipal District (including a County and Hamlet), a Special Area, a Specialized Municipality or an Improvement District.*
*Please note that any non-agriculture industry groups require collaboration with and support from the agriculture industry.
How do I apply for this program?
There will be at least 2 submission deadlines per year for this program.
· The first application submission deadline is Friday, September 21, 2018 for projects that will begin in the fall/winter of the 2018-19 fiscal year. **Please check this website regularly for submission deadline updates**
· The second application submission deadline is estimated to be Thursday, November 15th for projects that will begin in the 2019-2020 fiscal year. **Please check this website regularly for submission deadline updates**
All applicants should be notified of the status of their application within six to eight weeks of the application submission deadline.
Applications must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Public Agriculture Literacy Program
302, 7000-113th St NW.
Edmonton, AB T6H 5T6
Application submissions MUST INCLUDE
· The completed Application Questions
· A completed Appendices, which includes the Budget Template
· A completed Applicant Information Form
· Any other supporting documentation
If you have questions about the application process, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 310-FARM (3276).
Public Trust Program Guiding Principles
· Alberta’s agriculture and agri-food industries are committed to producing products that are environmentally, economically and socially sustainable.
· Alberta’s agriculture and agri-food industries are committed to producing safe, nutritious food.
· The diversity of Alberta’s agriculture and agri-food industries is respected, as all members have a role in the sustainable production of products for Albertans, Canadians and the world.
· Alberta’s agriculture and agri-food industries strive to be sustainable and efficient in the face of emerging challenges.
· Alberta’s agriculture and agri-food industries are diversifying Alberta’s economy through innovation, leading-edge research and investment in new technologies.
· Alberta’s diverse agriculture and agri-food industries offer challenging and rewarding career options.
You may also be interested in …
For more information