Environmental Stewardship and Climate Change – Group
The purpose of the Environmental Stewardship and Climate Change - Group program is to support extension delivery, carry out applied research, and strategically manage data (through producer groups and agricultural organizations) that improve producer understanding of key environmental practices that, when implemented, can increase market access for the producer.
Eligible activities include:
This program aims to benefit Alberta's agriculture industry by funding organizations, associations, and other groups to deliver extension, carry out applied research, and strategically manage data. A merit-based approval process will be followed, with two application intake cycles per year.
Activities funded by this program will help industry to protect or improve water quality and soil health, to position itself for success in a low-carbon economy, and to adapt operations to climate change.
Projects funded under this opportunity will help the agriculture industry:
· Minimize wasted resources and optimize efficiencies
· Implement strategies around risks and opportunities associated with its greenhouse gas emissions
· Develop standards and strategies in relation to regional and international sustainability initiatives
· Protect or improve market access through environmental practices
Am I eligible for this program?
The following groups, located in Alberta, are eligible to apply:
· Applied Research Associations
· Forage Associations
· Agricultural Commodity Groups
· Rural Municipalities
· Agricultural Watershed Groups.
How do I apply for this program?
· Determine whether you are eligible. Refer to the Terms and Conditions.
· Confirm that the proposed activities are eligible. Eligible activities are listed in the Terms and Conditions.
· Complete the application form and send your application and supporting documents by email only to:
Environmental Stewardship and Climate Change - Group Program
Upcoming Application Intake Dates:
Please note the following change:
Applications will be received on a CONTINUOUS BASIS (there are no longer intake dates).
All Applicants must contact the coordinator prior to applying: