Environmental Stewardship and Climate Change - Producer
The purpose of the Environmental Stewardship and Climate Change - Producer program is to support producers in reducing negative impacts on the environment while enhancing sustainable production, managing climate change and increasing profitability in the agriculture sector.
Eligible activities include:
The objectives of the program will be on activities and practices that:
· reduce the risks to agricultural contaminants entering water
· enhance sustainable production while mitigating carbon emissions that impact air and soil quality
· help producers manage and adapt to climate change.
Activities include (but are not limited to) Beneficial Management Practices, such as:
· watering systems
· riparian fencing
· livestock facility management
· improved manure storage facilities
· manure application
· sectional controls
· agricultural plastic bag rollers
Water Act Approvals
The Water Act, administered by the Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP), addresses projects that involve the placement, construction, maintenance, replacement or removal of a pipeline or watercourse crossing must comply with the Water Act’s Code of Practice for Watercourse Crossings. Water Act Code of practice notice form can be found here: http://aep.alberta.ca/water/legislation-guidelines/documents/PipelineWatercourseOutfall-Form-Jul2016.pdf.
More information around Watercourse Crossings is available here, further information around The Code of Practice for Watercourse Crossings can be found here (http://www.qp.alberta.ca/documents/codes/CROSSING.PDF). Please call the Regulatory Approval Centre at 780-427-6311 for more information.
Examples of projects that could require submission of a Water Act Code of Practice Notice Form include (but are not limited to):
· Livestock watercourse crossing
· Watercourse crossing for equipment
· Water pipeline crossing
If you wish to proceed with your project prior to approval, please note the following:
Though you are not guaranteed funding until your application has been approved, you may proceed before receiving approval if you are confident that your project falls within the program criteria. If your project is approved, eligible expenses incurred as of the date your application was received by the program will be considered for funding. All expenses incurred prior to the application received date are ineligible. If your application is NOT approved, you will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with your project. Notification will be made to you once a decision has been made.
If you proceed with your project prior to approval, please note the following requirements:
· Invoices MUST BE under the name of the Legal Name stated on your application;
· Invoices MUST BE dated AFTER the date your application is received by the program; all expenses incurred prior to that date are ineligible. You will receive a letter from the program once your application has been received and is complete.
· You must be able to provide proof of payment (processed cheque, credit card statement) for ALL invoices, and proof of payment must be under the Legal Name on your application;
· Cash payments will not be eligible unless accompanied by an official company voucher and proof of payment;
· Barter/exchange transactions are not eligible; and
· Transactions between persons related by blood, marriage, adoption, common-law relationships, or close-business ties are not eligible.
Am I eligible for this program?
Primary producers in Alberta are eligible to apply.
How do I apply for this program?
A valid Alberta Environmental Farm Plan (EFP) is a prerequisite to this program. EFP has implemented a 10-year renewal starting 2018, therefore an EFP completed before 2008 will not be considered valid.
· determine whether you are eligible. Refer to the program Terms and Conditions.
· confirm that the proposed activities are eligible. Eligible activities are listed in the Terms and Conditions.
· complete the application form and send your application and supporting documents by mail to:
Environmental Stewardship and Climate Change - Producer Program
Suite 302, 7000-113 Street
Edmonton Alberta T6H 5T6
Application Intake Dates for 2018:
· June 28, 2018 - August 29, 2018
· August 30, 2018 - November 14, 2018
For more information
Phone: 310-FARM (3276)
You may also be interested in…
Phone: 310-FARM (3276)