Youth Agriculture Education
This program is currently not accepting applications. Program Terms and Conditions are being reviewed and updated. Upcoming changes will ensure that cost shares are more balanced, programs are industry-driven, and Alberta’s investment in the Canadian Agricultural Partnership is maximized.
Programs are targeted to re-open by the end of the summer, if they are not already fully allocated.
Please subscribe to receive program announcements. https://cap.alberta.ca/CAP/Subscribe
Applications previously submitted will not have to be resubmitted, but will have to comply with the new terms and conditions.
The program stream supports the development and delivery of effective agriculture education programs that are science-based, topic-driven, curricular-linked and help students use critical thinking to engage in meaningful and informed conversations about issues that affect public trust in agriculture.
Eligible activities include:
The development of new agriculture education programs, or the expansion or adaptation of existing agriculture education programs aimed at kindergarten to grade 12 students. See Funding List.
Am I eligible for this program?
Eligible applicants include:
· An agricultural group registered under the Societies Act
· A commodity group
· A university or college*
· A school district*
· An incorporated not-for-profit organization*, or
· A recognized (as determined by the Minister) form of rural municipal government in Alberta, including a Municipal District (including a County and Hamlet), a Special Area, a Specialized Municipality or an Improvement District.*
*Please note that any non-agriculture industry groups require collaboration with and support from the agriculture industry.
How do I apply for this program?
*If you intend to submit an application for this deadline, please contact the program coordinator prior to submission.
The submission schedule for the 2019-20 fiscal year is as follows:
· November 1, 2019
These dates are subject to change. Please monitor this website if you intend to submit an application in the future.
All applicants should be notified of the status of their application within six to eight weeks of the application submission deadline.
Applications must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
CAP Public Trust – Youth Agriculture Education Program
302, 7000-113th St NW
Edmonton, AB T6H 5T6
Application submissions MUST INCLUDE:
· The completed Application Questions
· A completed Appendices file, which includes the Budget Template
· A completed Applicant Information Form
· At least one quote (preferable two) for any contractor services that are part of your application
· Any other supporting documentation
If you have questions about the application process, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 310-FARM (3276).
For more information
You may also be interested in …