Youth Agriculture Education Program
The Youth Agriculture Education Program provides support for programming to help students engage in meaningful and informed conversations about issues that affect public trust in agriculture.
Intake ongoing/at any time. Please contact CAP.PublicTrust@gov.ab.ca to discuss your project and receive the Program Application Form.
On this page:
The Youth Agriculture Education Program supports the development and delivery of effective agriculture education programs that are science-based, topic-driven, curricular-linked and help students use critical thinking to engage in meaningful and informed conversations about issues that affect public trust in agriculture.
Eligible expenses will be cost shared at 50% grant and 50% applicant.
The maximum total grant funding an applicant can receive from the Program is $200,000 per project per fiscal year of the program term.
The following entities are eligible to apply under this program:
· Agricultural group registered under the Societies Act
· Commodity group
· University or college*
· School district*
· Incorporated not-for-profit organization*, or
· Recognized (as determined by the Minister) form of rural municipal government in Alberta, including a Municipal District (including a county and hamlet), a Special Area, a Specialized Municipality or an Improvement District.*
*Please note that any non-agriculture industry groups require collaboration with and support from the agriculture industry.
The following activities may be included in an application under this program:
· The development of new agriculture education programs, or the expansion or adaptation of existing agriculture education programs aimed at kindergarten to grade 12 students.
How to Apply
Step 1: Determine whether you are eligible by reviewing the program Terms and Conditions.
Step 2: Complete and sign the Application Form.
Step 3: Submit the Application Form and supporting documentation by:
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail to: Youth Agriculture Education Program
302, 7000-113th St NW
Application submissions must include:
· Completed Application Questions
· Completed Appendices file, which includes the Budget Template
· Completed Applicant Information Form
· At least one quote (preferable two) for any contractor services that are part of your application
· Any other supporting documentation
After I apply
Once you have submitted your application and documentation, you will be notified that we have received it. The application will then be reviewed and we will keep you updated on the approval process.
Total processing time objective is 19 weeks.
Email: CAP.PublicTrust@gov.ab.ca or call 310-FARM